Although the sale of edibles is prohibited in Pennsylvania, medical patients are permitted to alter their products into an edible solution to manage the process of day-to-day dosing. For edibles, you can use a variety of different products such as RSO (Rick Simpson Oil), distillate oil, and even dry leaf by using the process of decarboxylation. Below are some recipes picked by the FLUENT team to help you make a few simple edibles that you may find beneficial to add to your daily consumption plan.
RSO Gummies Recipe
Recipe Adapted from The Ganja Chronicles
- Glass measuring cup
- Silicon molds (candy, chocolate, or even mini muffin size will work)
- Medium bowl
- Condiment bottle (like a ketchup bottle)
- Glass jar
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- Jell-O (3 oz – flavor of your choice)
- 2 packs of gelatin
- RSO syringe (100 mg of THC, 500 mg, or even up to 1000 mg).
- Non-stick spray
Before getting started, you’ll want to confirm the potency of the RSO. One thing many recipes don’t mention about RSO cooking methods, is the potency. This is important information for determining the final strength per gummy! Once the gummies have set, and you have a total count, use the following formula to determine potency per each unit:
(Total mg of RSO) ÷ (Number of gummies) = (Potency per gummy)
- Combine cold water and corn syrup together in a bowl and mix until clear.
- Add 2 packs of gelatin and Jell-O, and stir until clumps dissolve. It should look like a thick soup, but may still have a sugary consistency.
- Add mixture to a saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, frequently stirring to prevent burning.
- Spray silicone molds with PAM or another cooking spray.
- Remove mixture from heat and add your chosen RSO to the pot. Squirt the entire syringe, making a note of total milligrams. Stir until combined.
- Carefully fill your condiment bottle with the mixture. The condiment bottle will make it easier to fill the silicone molds, but if you are careful, you can use a spoon.
- Fill each mold until the gel sits just above the edge, as the mixture will shrink during the cooling stage. Work extremely fast in this stage, because the mixture thickens as it cools.
- If the mixture becomes too difficult to work with, gently reheat until liquid again.
- Let the molds sit overnight until firm.
- Store in a glass jar out of sight of children and pets.
RSO Lollipops or Hard Candies Recipe
Provided by Cannadish
- Medium bowl
- Ice water
- 1 package of lollipop sticks
- Lollipops molds or a silicone mat
- Non-stick spray
- Candy thermometer
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 gram RSO
- 2 tsp flavoring of your choice (lemon, watermelon, strawberry).
- 2 drops food coloring
Again, just like with the gummies, it’s important to note the THC potency beforehand. Check the packaging to note how many milligrams of THC the RSO contains.
- Spray the silicone mat/molds with PAM or another cooking spray
- Combine sugar and corn syrup and water in a small pot over medium heat until completely dissolved.
- Using a candy thermometer, bring the mixture to a boil until it reaches 310° F (or hard crack).
- Remove the mixture from heat, and allow to cool in a bowl filled with ice water.
- During this stage, add flavor, color, and RSO oil (or canna coconut oil) and stir until combined.
- Work quickly to pour the mixture into the molds (or in dots on the mat) before it begins to harden.
- Place sticks into the hardening candy, and decorate with sprinkles if desired while still sticky.
- You can gently reheat the mixture if it begins to harden.
- Allow to sit for 5 hours, and store in a glass jar away from children and pets.
CANNAOIL / CANNABUTTER MIX
- 1 Gram of Distillate
- 1 Bowl or cup of warm water
- Oil or Butter
- Oil or Butter-based recipe
- With your distillate in its container, place in a bowl of hot water to warm the concentrate
- While the distillate warms, measure out the oil or butter (liquefied) to the recipe’s specifications
- Drop the gram of distillate into the oil or butter and mix thoroughly to ensure homogenization
- Place the combined distillate/oil or butter mixture into a microwave-safe dish and heat on medium power for up to two minutes to ensure all ingredients are combined
- Your oil is ready to be infused into your recipe