Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) is highly concentrated cannabis oil with significant therapeutic potential, making it a popular choice among medical marijuana patients. RSO’s name, as well as its appearance, has piqued the imagination of many people, particularly those who are new to marijuana. What exactly is RSO? What is RSO used for? Why RSO? If you are one of those piqued individuals, Fluent is here for you. Read on to discover more about this potent concentrate and how to use it.
What is RSO?
RSO is natural, pure cannabis oil with a brownish, semi-solid look. It is normally sold pre-packaged in tiny plastic syringes.
RSO is a complete spectrum extract that includes cannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, chlorophyll, and even plant compounds. With these components, RSO is a substance that contains a high concentration of active elements in marijuana and a considerable amount of plant matter.
The product is named after a Canadian medical marijuana activist who has been educating people about cannabis oil’s extraordinary medicinal properties. Simpson developed the RSO recipe in 2003 after noticing three unusual spots on his face and neck that later developed to be skin cancer.
Simpson got an idea from a study regarding the positive impact of THC on cancer cells in mice after a series of unsuccessful surgery treatments. Through the knowledge from the research, Simpson created a THC-rich extract.
For his RSO formulation, Simpson largely employed Indica strains. Some of his samples increased the THC levels as high as 90%. With such high THC levels, you can rest assured that RSO will make you high. Simpson argues that RSO was essential in his cancer recovery. As a result, many extractors have developed their own formulations of RSO while maintaining Simpson’s ingredients as the baseline.
So, Why RSO?
The whole plant extraction of RSO makes it unique and more appealing. As a full spectrum extract, RSO entails a wider range of cannabinoids like CBG, CBC, and CBN compared to other extracts. It also has a higher terpene profile, giving it more consumption advantage.
You may find RSO to be more appealing for consumption because:
- It is very potent: RSO has high quantities of CBD and THC in different ratios, making it extremely potent. It’s apparent from Simpson’s batches that THC levels can reach 90 percent. CBD levels, on the other hand, could be as high as or higher than 60%. For those who prefer phytocannabinoids, you can choose from various balanced RSOs.
- It is easy for consumption: RSO is an activated cannabinoid, which means it does not have to be heated to activate like other concentrates that constitute an acidic form of cannabinoids. So because phytocannabinoids in the substance are already activated, you wouldn’t need an electronic vaporizer to consume it.
- It is more flexible: RSO can be consumed in various ways, including incorporating it into food, applying it to your skin, or sublingually being absorbed directly through the veins under your tongue.
How do you use RSO?
RSO was initially used as a topical, whereby Simpson directly applied it to the affected skin area. With time, RSO is now used in a variety of ways, including:
- Sublingual application: This method entails placing a tiny drop of RSO on a spoon and licking it with your tongue. As you do that, RSO will be absorbed by membranes under the tongue, where it will enter the bloodstream and become active in a short period.
- Orally like an edible: Once more, utilize your spoon to take it directly from the syringe. However, this is a different approach that requires you to swallow it after applying drops to your tongue. You can combine the oil with a liquid or add it to food to make it easier to swallow.
- Topically: Even though it is an ancient Simpson’s method, it is still useful. You can apply a drop of the oil directly to your skin and then cover it with a bandage to prevent it from rubbing off.
How to Dose RSO
What is RSO used for? If you have no clue about the advantages of medical marijuana, this question will frequently be in your mind until you give it a shot.
RSO is used for several reasons, like pain alleviation and other personal reasons. However, it is important to note that this concentrate is highly potent and should be used with extreme caution.
In general, it is recommended that you begin with a dose of about 25 mg of oil, or the size of one grain of rice, three times per day. As your tolerance develops and the response appears less potent, increase your amount by no more than another grain of rice. Taking it gradually lowers the possibility of suffering from any of THC’s adverse repercussions.
Fluent Cannabis Care offers RSO THC SYRINGES in various strains such as Animal Cookies, Rainmaker, and many more at affordable prices. You can visit any of our Pennsylvania dispensaries to learn more about our products so that you can select your favorite strain.
Shop the Best RSO and Cannabis Products at Fluent!
Whether you are looking for a way to ease discomforts or a way to relax your mind, use RSO, this product is not only very potent but also simple and portable, making it easier to incorporate it into your marijuana routine. At Fluent Cannabis Care, we serve our customers with quality RSO products. If you are in Pennsylvania, contact us to order or learn about the advantages of this product.
Image by Soru Epotok/ shutterstock.com