Updated: Feb 1, 2024
Marijuana brownies are often considered the classic edible, and why shouldn’t they be? They’re a fan favorite, and they’re easy to make. This easy recipe will yield a batch of RSO brownies for you to enjoy in no time!
Why Consider Making RSO Edibles?
If you’re new to RSO, here’s everything you need to know. The takeaway is that Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) is a marijuana oil that offers high THC potency along with easy and flexible consumption. Cooking with RSO is easy because it integrates with your brownie mix to ensure even distribution of THC throughout your baked goods.
How to Make RSO Brownies
One of the best things about making RSO brownies is that it doesn’t take much in terms of ingredients or effort. These are one of the best RSO edibles out there and are super easy to bake!
Ingredients for RSO Brownies
Here is everything you need to whip up a batch of RSO brownies:
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick)
- RSO or similar distillate (dosing recommendation below)
- 1 – box of brownie mix
- 1 – egg
- ¼ cup water
- 9×9 pan (or similar size)
Depending on the brownie mix you buy, you might want to adjust some of these ingredients to match what the box calls for. However, these ingredients are about what you can expect for most boxes of brownie mix.
Prepare your selected brownie mix by following the instructions on the side of the box. The two differences are that you’ll add your RSO to the butter and cook at a lower temperature for a longer time. With that in mind, you’ll likely end up following steps like these:
- Preheat the oven, but keep the temperature low. The box may call for you to bake at 350°F or higher, but we don’t recommend that. THC will degrade or burn off entirely at such high temperatures. Instead, it’s best to set the oven in the 200°F to 250°F range – we recommend 250°F.
- Melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave. Add the desired amount of RSO (more on this in the next section). Mix thoroughly.
- Stir the brownie mix, water, and egg in a bowl. Add the melted butter mixture and combine until you have a smooth batter.
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray and add your batter in an even layer.
- Bake at 225°F for about an hour, or until cooked through. You should be able to put a toothpick into the center of your brownies and pull it out dry.
- Remove from the oven. Let the brownies cool, then cut and enjoy!
Dosages When Cooking With RSO
You have to do some math here. Don’t back out now, though, because we promise it’s easy. First, think about how many servings of brownies you want to cut. The box might have a serving size listed, or you can decide how big you want your brownies to be.
Once you decide how many brownies you want to cut, multiply that number by your normal dose of RSO. Add that many milligrams of RSO to your brownies, and you’ll have consistent doses that are right in your sweet spot! In other words, assuming you’ll eat one brownie per sitting:
[# of brownies you’re making] x [your normal dose of RSO] = [total amount of RSO to add]
This dosing strategy applies to other homemade baked goods and edibles, too.